- business name;
- contact details of the business;
- email addresses;
- domain names;
- client lists; and
- social media accounts.
It is also an intangible asset that can greatly enhance company value. An established business that is well-known in the community, with a good reputation and a long list of customers is certainly more appealing than a newer business with similar earnings.
A website that is modern, professional and mobile-friendly can help sell your business in these ways:
- It creates a positive first impression of a company to a potential buyer.
- If a site is up-to-date, it appears “move-in ready” to a potential buyer; it’s one less expense and one less hassle they need to worry about.
- A website (and digital marketing) with proper tracking offers measurable data about traffic and sales.
- A solid website (and marketing) can increase customer numbers and diversity.
- A solid website (and marketing) can improve cash flow.
- If a site and online marketing plan is systematized and documented, that proven growth strategy that can be transferred to the buyer. (The person/company in charge of the site/marketing may be able to work with the buyer too.)
- A website can help shift the “business goodwill” from the current owner to the brand itself. In so doing, it reduces acquisition risk by making customer acquisition less dependent on the owner.
- A website can highlight the experience of the management team.
Enhancing a company’s website (and marketing, if applicable) should begin early in the sales process; it takes time to gather data, improve search engine rankings and improve ROI. The site should be updated as the company grows and changes in anticipation of a transfer of ownership.
- Most B2B buyers are already 57% of the way through the buying process before the first meeting with a representative. (Accenture, 2018)
- 46% of all B2B researchers and buyers are millennials. (Google, 2015)
- 67% of purchases for multiple industrial manufacturing and pack-and-ship industries were influenced by digital. (Google, 2018)
- 50% of B2B search queries today are made on smartphones, and this percentage will grow to 70% by 2020.
- More than 90% of buyers say they’re likely to buy again from a vendor that had a superior mobile experience, compared to 50% of those who report a poor experience. (BCG, 2017)
- 46% will leave a website because of a lack of message (it’s not clear what the company does), and 37% will leave because of poor design or navigation. (MarketingProfs, 2015)
- 59% of B2B marketers say SEO has the biggest impact on their lead generation goals. (Marketing Charts)
- 57% of B2B marketers stated that SEO generates more leads than any other marketing initiative. (Junto, 2017)
About the Author: Diana Ratliff
I Help Brand Owners & Retailers Increase Sales | Need a Speaker in 2019?
Do you think you could be doing better online? Today, consumers research before they buy, they do it on their smartphones, and competitors like Amazon have changed the playing field.
As a digital strategist (not just a designer or developer), I help you use the Internet to increase profits while avoiding costly mistakes. I offer objective reviews and insight to business owners who want web assets to perform better.
My team and I can also BUILD, MANAGE, and DEPLOY the right web site and digital marketing solutions for you.
As one of those crazy people who enjoys public speaking, I'd love to do more! Recent topics include:
* Online Strategies for Q4 Sales
* Should You Open an Online Store?
* Getting Started in eCommerce
A focus is helping smaller retailers decide if eCommerce is a good idea at all - a crucial decision that most eCommerce speakers do not cover.
Results-Oriented Digital Marketing
www.linkedin.com/in/dianaratliff (LinkedIn Profile)
searchworxx.com (SEO/SEM/Retargeting Expertise)
yourfriendontheweb.com (Personal Website)Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.